Seattle's Museum of Pop Culture held their 14th annual Founders Award presentation virtually to honor this year's recipient, Alice In Chains.
The awards celebration functioned as an all-star tribute to the band and their enduring legacy. The production featured a roster of memorable performances all paying respects to such a pioneering band. Among the participants in the event included Chris Chaney and Dave Navarro of Jane’s Addiction, Billy Corgan, Taylor Hawkins of Foo Fighters, KORN, Duff McKagan, Mastodon, Metallica, Krist Novoselic, Corey Taylor, Kim Thayil of Soundgarden, Matt Cameron among others.
The event also featured appearances from members of Pearl Jam, Sammy Hagar, Tom Morello of Rage Against The Machine, Les Claypool, and Robert Downey Jr. The digital award presentation was streamed by more than 275,000 people and generated more than $600,000.00 in donations from fans all around the world.
The event was broadcast in partnership with Amazon Music and Twitch. Furthering that partnership, Amazon Music has announced the release of MoPOP Founders Award Honoring Alice In Chains: A Benefit for the Museum of Pop Culture, a brand-new Amazon Originals compilation.
The compilation of performances is streaming only on Amazon Music and features standout renditions including Mastodon’s cover of “Again;” City and Colour’s version of “Rain When I Die;” two covers of “Would?” by KORN and the acoustic version from Metallica, plus an all-star version of “Man In the Box” from Dave Navarro, Taylor Hawkins, Corey Taylor, and Chris Chaney; and more.
The compilation is punctuated by performances of “Your Decision” and “No Excuses” from honorees Alice In Chains themselves.
The entire show is now available for streaming on the Museum of Pop Cutlure's Youtube Channel. Fans can watch the performances in their entirety below.
1. “Your Decision” - Alice In Chains
2. “Rooster” - Ann Wilson
3. “Down In A Hole” - Duff McKagan, Shooter Jennings, Ayron Jones, Martin Feveyear
4. “Would?” – Korn
5. “Rain When I Die” - City and Colour
6. “Put You Down” - Liv Warfield
7. “Again” - Mastodon
8. “Would? (Acoustic)” - Metallica
9. “Black Gives Way To Blue” - Lily Cornell Silver with Chris Degarmo
10. “Nutshell” - Mark Lanegan, Maggie Bjorklund
11. “Man In the Box” - Dave Navarro, Taylor Hawkins, Corey Taylor, Chris Chaney
12. “No Excuses” - Alice In Chains
13. “Heaven Beside You” - Aryon Jones
14. “Check My Brain” - Billy Corgan
15. “Them Bones” - Fishbone
16. “Drone” - Kim Thayil with Krist Novoselic, Giants in the Trees
17. “Brother” - Nancy Wilson, Mark Lanegan and Liv Warfield
18. “Angry Chair” - Members of Soundgarden with Tad Doyle, Mike McCready and Meagan Grandall
19. “Black Gives Way to Blue” - Eric & Encarnación
20. “It Ain’t Like That” - Kim Thayil with Shaina Shepherd, Bubba Dupree, Bill Herzog, Nathan Yaccino