The MMA-veteran takes professional wrestling to new levels of combat and intensity with stacked fight cards on back-to-back weekends.
MMA heavyweight legend and combat sports pioneer Josh Barnett is set to ignite the world of professional wrestling with his Bloodsport event set to take place on February 13th and 20th. .
Presented under the GCW banner, the uniquely violent variation of wrestling taps the tradition of 70’s-era Japanese shoot style which presents a new level of combat when its competitors square up.
During Bloodsport, the opponents meet on a platform – no ropes, no turnbuckles. Another important variation is the impact these strikes connect with. The combat that takes place during these matches is real – with a winner only being crowned via knockout or submission.
The combination of adrenaline and wrestling purity has reverberated with a rabid fanbase with an appetite for combat without the theatrics. The third installment of the event achieved a huge coup last October, in welcoming AEW champ Jon Moxley for a headlining bout against the durable Chris Dickinson that proved well-deserving of the hype.
Barnett has brought back his Bloodsport with not one, but two stacks fight cards. The combatants stepping on the platform for the first of two nights are as follows.
- Chris Dickinson vs. Jeff Cobb
- Harry Smith vs. Calvin Tankman
- Simon Grimm vs. “Filthy” Tom Lawlor
- Kal Jak vs. Nolan Edward
- JR Kratos vs. Alex Coughlin
- Superbeast vs. Bad Dude Tito
- Royce Isaacs vs. Calder McColl
- Diego Perez vs. Gil Guardado
Barnett explained why now was the best time to bring back Bloodsport in such a big way, “Sometimes what the world needs is a good fight and right now, we figured that was something my BLOODSPORT events could deliver. Some of the absolute best and toughest of Professional Wrestling have come to see who can stand tall with their arm raised in victory – by knockout or submission.”
Tending to every detail of the event meticulously, Barnett has not only functioned as the matchmaker but has curated a soundtrack for the scrap as well. Enlisting Josh Middleton of Sylosis and Architects to provide the music for the event, ensuring the tone throughout is one of adrenaline, confrontation, and as billed, “a worldwide display of violence”.
Pay-per-view tickets and merch for both BLOODSPORT 4 and 5 are available now. Watch the trailer below and visit BLOODSPORT online for complete information.
Most Recent Stories on KNOTFEST.com
- Slipknot release a series of puzzles featuring the band’s first three album covers
- Brazilian metal juggernaut Eminence debut a powerful environmental anthem in “Wake Up The Blind”
- King Diamond and Z2 Comics announce graphic novel adaptation of ‘Abigail’
- Hyro The Hero and Brandon Saller of Atreyu discuss their collaboration “Legendary” and rock music’s massive mixtape ‘Kids Against the Monsters’
- ‘Spiral: From The Book of Saw’ starring Chris Rock and Samuel L. Jackson gets new poster and tv trailer