Watch the likes of Drew McIntyre, Kevin Lee, Aleister Black, Johnny Gargano, and Ricochet on their journey to becoming WWE stars from the indie ranks.
In a report published by Sports Illustrated and confirmed by the WWE, the leading organization in sports entertainment will begin broadcasting content from some of the top independent wrestling promotions.
EVOLVE, wXw, PROGRESS and Insane Championship Wrestling will have content that will begin airing on the WWE Network starting Saturday August 15th.
The move is strategically smart in the WWE’s aim to increase it’s global footprint. PROGRESS, wXw, and Insane all based out of England, Germany, and Scotland respectively.
Among the confirmed content set to air includes two BEST OF specials featuring Drew McIntyre’s ascension through EVOLVE. McIntyre is the current WWE Champion. The second special will feature current WWE NXT champion Keith Lee and his climb through the ranks of EVOLVE.
The programming will feature additional marquee names that have made the transition from promotions such as Johnny Gargano, Ricochet, and Aleister Black, to name a few.
The WWE is set to broadcast their annual SummerSlam PPV on August 23rd. The fight card includes some of the biggest names in the promotion.
- WWE Championship: Drew McIntyre vs. Randy Orton
- WWE Universal Championship: Braun Strowman vs. “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt
- Raw Women’s Championship: Sasha Banks vs. Asuka
- SmackDown Women’s Championship: Bayley vs. TBD
- United States Championship: Apollo Crews vs. MVP
- Raw Tag Team Championships: The Street Profits vs. Andrade & Angel Garza
- Dominik Mysterio vs. Seth Rollins