The inaugural launch of the compilation project began last year with the introduction of the series in Dead Formats Voiume 1. Tapping into the model that gave rise to beloved comps like Atticus’ Dragging The Lake, the Punk-O-Rama series and the Vans Warped Tour Compilations that were a fixture in the 90’s and 2000’s, Dead Formats championed discovery and served a vehicle to introduce buzzworthy artists with established vets.
Dead Formats Volume 1 saw the likes of Hawthorne Heights, Drug Church, Rotting Out, Chamber, Seeyouspacecowboy, Four Year Strong and many more take on classics from Pennywise, Machine head, Sublime, Green Day and more.
The second edition of the compilation is back to continue what is becoming a summer tradition, with Pabst Blue Ribbon again joining forces with Pure Noise Records to shine a line on a host of emerging artists, while including a few of the OGs too.
For Dead Formats Volume 2, sensations like The Chisel, Koyo, Belmont and Mugshot are packaged with the likes of Less Than Jake, The Bouncing Souls, Knuckle Punk and The Early November to take on a diverse collection of greatest hits. Covering a broad spectrum that ranges from Slipknot to New Order, Jawbreaker to Nirvana, Third Eye Blind to Incubus, Toots and the Maytals, The Kinks and Elton John, the compilation is an impressive mixed bag.
Josh Feingold of Pabst Blue Ribbon spoke about the value the brand sees in showcasing such variety of talent. “PBR has a long history of engaging and supporting artists so for us to be able to work with Pure Noise is really special. We love this concept and knowing that the artists involved had fun putting this together makes it all rewarding. We hope it’s a record that inspires discovery and nostalgia from the legendary comps.”
Dead Formats Volume 2 is set to be released via Pure Noise Records on September 5th. Ahead of the drop, the team has unveiled a three-song preview with Less Than Jake covering The Kinks, “Come Dancing”, Knuckle Puck taking on”Losing A Whole Year” by Third Eye Blind and Lavalove performing the classic, “Lithium” by Nirvana. Check the songs below.
Volume 2 is now available pre-order on vinyl as well as a limited edition merch collaboration between Pure Noise Records and Pabst Blue Ribbon and can be found – HERE
Dead Formats Vol 2 Track List
1. Less Than Jake “Come Dancing” (Original by The Kinks)
2. Knuckle Puck “Losing A Whole Year” (Original by Third Eye Blind)
3. Lavalove “Lithium” (Original by Nirvana)
4. The Chisel “Saturday Night’s Alright (For Fighting)” (Original by Elton John)
5. Koyo “Do You Still Hate Me?” (Original by Jawbreaker)
6. Prince Daddy and the Hyena “You Get What You Give” (Original by New Radicals)
7. The Early November “Bizarre Love Triangle” (Original by New Order)
8. The Seafloor Cinema “Cute Without the E” (Original by Taking Back Sunday)
9. Belmont “Lying From You” (Original by Linkin Park)
10. Mugshot “Get This” (Original by Slipknot)
11. Action/Adventure “Hanging By A Moment” (Original by Lifehouse)
12. Youth Fountain “Look What Happened” (Original by Less Than Jake)
13. Mint Green “Drive” (Original by Incubus)
14. Sad Park “Sink To The Bottom” (Original by Fountains Of Wayne)
15. The Bouncing Souls “In The Dark” (Toots And The Maytals)